Self – Care Saturday
Self care Saturday rocks! Here’s the story:
Do you often find yourself feeling exhausted? Drained? That was the case for me a few months ago…
Working a 9-5 job, taking care of my family, making sure my house is clean and tidy, always prioritizing others before me.
No wonder the system clashed! And it clashed big time. I was feeling super tired, exhausted is actually the correct term to use.
I had no energy to work, to cook, to clean, to play with my kids nada, zero. All I wanted to do was stay in bed all day feeling sorry for myself.
I had to take a step back and acknowledge what was wrong with my life. And then it hit me:
I was constantly ignoring myself, my needs and my wishes. I was so absorbed in everyday to-dos, always rushing, time was never enough for me.
This had to change. A good friend of mine proposed we enjoy a self care Saturday and from that day, when i realized what i was missing all this time, I promised myself to never go back.
But What Is A Self – Care Saturday Exactly
Well let me just say that Saturday self care is only a suggestion. You could choose to enjoy a self care Sunday, a self care weekend or even a self care Monday!
It doesn’t really matter. All it matters is that you devote time to yourself. Time to rest, time to do things you enjoy and make you feel good and relaxed.
Self care Saturday means you take this day to refresh your body, your mind, and your soul.
You allow your worries to sleep for a while and make sure you do everything you need to recharge your batteries and come back stronger.
Weekends Are For Self Care
Especially weekends are the perfect time to unwind and allow your body, mind and soul to relax.
Take your time to engage in activities you enjoy and make you feel whole and happy. On weekends surround yourself with people you love. Positive, supportive people whom you feel close to and enjoy their company.
On weekends only allow positivity and happiness. Eliminate bad thoughts, toxic people and situations.
Weekends are for love, laughter and blessings.
What Are The 4 Main Areas Of A Good Self-Care Plan?
Now to make sure that you’re actually making the best out of your self care day, you need to work on the 4 main areas of self care.
And I’m about to give you the optimal self – care plan for nurturing yourself and making self-renewal a part of your everyday life in the 4 main areas of self-care:
Physical Self Care
Take time off from screens. Get outside, walk, swim, bike, hike, enjoy nature.
Eliminate everything that is draining your energy and joy.
Emotional Self Care
Emotional self care is taking care of your feelings. Making sure that everything and everyone in your life is giving and receiving love, positive feelings and support.
Surround yourself with positivity, people you share common values and care about each other, people who support you and want to see you grow.
Spiritual Self Care
You need to understand that you and your God are connected to each other. You are ONE.
Spiritual self care is about living every moment as ONE with your creator, practicing gratitude for everything you already have in life, understanding that this is the key for more good in your life.
Connecting with your creator power inside, every moment, being present, and identifying that YOU, your thoughts and feelings are creating the world around you.
Mental Self Care
To grow, to learn and develop. Get to know yourself through tools, such as journaling, meditating and self assessing.
Identify your personal and professional goals find a mentor and follow his/her path. Create a plan for everything you want to accomplish.
Acknowledge your powers and your weaknesses, work on them. Reflect on your thoughts: are they helping you become a better version of you and reach your goals?
If not you need to know how to control your mind and adopt new ones that help you. Affirmations are a very powerful tool to do that.
What Stops Us From Self-Care?
Job stress, guilt of being selfish and unproductive, family pressure, lack of time, limited resources and other barriers often keep us from a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
However self care not only should be prioritized, it should be considered a necessity for a balanced life.
Follow along as we dispel 4 of the most common myths about self care.
Self-Care Myths & Misunderstandings
If you’re still resisting self care let me help you a bit more and address some of the most common misconceptions about self-care:
1. Self Care Is Selfish:
You cannot pour from an empty can you? The case is that when meeting your own needs, you have more energy to give to others.
Self care allows you to take time for yourself and replenish your resources without depleting someone else’s. On the contrary self care enables you to show up even more for your friends and family.
2. Self Care Is Expensive:
While some of the expensive self care products might actually be beneficial to some people, you can certainly practice self-care product-free and money free. Self care doesn’t need to involve expensive products or services, nor does it need to take hours of your day.
For instance 10 minutes of meditation, a long walk, a hot bath, or night journaling reflecting on your day are just a few examples of completely free self care practices.
3. Self Care Is Time Consuming:
I get it. You’re too busy to engage in long sessions of self care. But it’s not all or nothing! You’re never too busy to find what makes you feel centered and stick to that.
Even if it’s for just 10 min a day. Actually learning to squeeze self-care into your daily life could actually lead to less stress and make you even more productive.
4. Self care is exclusively for women:
Couldn’t disagree more. Self care is for everyone, applicable for both genders and it’s in the small moments of everyday life.Like when you choose to take a deep breath because you notice you’re feeling stressed, or when you allow yourself to stop being a people pleaser.
20 Physical Self Care Ideas
- Take a long walk in nature.
- Practice some yoga.
- Listen to your favorite music and dance.
- Cook a healthy meal to take all necessary minerals and vitamins.
- Choose a sport and play it with your friends or family.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Sit in the sunlight.
- Get enough sleep.
- Get a massage.
- Try acupuncture.
- Take a new class (hip hop, zumba, ballroom dancing)
- Take a hot bath with your favorite bath bomb.
- Try some gardening.
- Practice skin care.
- Make sure you’re getting enough deep breaths.
- Get your hair done.
- Enjoy a pedicure.
- Exfoliate and moisturize your body.
- Engage in regular medical tests and care.
20 Solo Self Care Ideas For Mental Health
- Turn off your social media.
- Declutter your space.
- Reflect and journal about your thoughts and feelings.
- Read a book.
- Listen to your favorite music or an inspiring podcast.
- Pour yourself a cup of hot coffee or tea.
- Spend time in nature.
- Soak in a bubbly bath.
- Light a candle and just relax in silence.
- Write a gratitude list.
- Practice progressive muscle relaxation where you systematically tense and relax different muscle groups.
- Try guided imagery, a process of directed thoughts towards a relaxed state.
- Try drawing and coloring books as art makes us feel deeply connected to ourselves.
- Write down your short term and long term goals.
- Knitting a blanket is always a good idea to relax your mind.
- Play an instrument.
- Cuddle with a pet.
- Take a day nap.
- Mind games (puzzles, sudoku, crosswords) help keep your mind sharp.
- Practice mindfulness.
20 Spiritual Self-Care Saturday Ideas
- Meditate even if it’s just for 5 minutes a day.
- Repeat affirming a soothing mantra.
- Practice deep breathing.
- Dedicate time serving your community.
- Find a spiritual mentor you can trust and can speak with.
- Release anger.
- Practice forgiveness.
- Connect with your faith community.
- Journal about all your blessings.
- Practice gratitude affirmations.
- Free yourself from judging.
- Perform random acts of kindness.
- Practice silence.
- Be true to yourself.
- Try music therapy.
- Join a spirituality class.
- Have a reiki session.
- Keep learning and expanding your knowledge.
- Let go of toxic attachments.
20 Social Weekend Ideas For Emotional Self Care
- Do something that makes you happy.
- Call a person you love.
- Connect with positive, empowering people.
- Take all social media apps off your phone for the weekend.
- Plan a day trip to a place you’ve never been before.
- Plan a coffee meeting with a good friend.
- Dance your heart out.
- Have a good cry if you need it. Let it all out.
- Talk to a therapist if needed.
- Get in tune with your feelings. Write them down.
- Make sure you respect your boundaries. Say no if you feel to.
- Make time for rest.
- Practice self compassion and self forgiveness.
- Tap into your creativity – coloring, drawing, crafting.
- Meet with your family. Allow yourself to enjoy their love.
- Set your goals for the week.
- Watch your favorite movie.
- Dive into some old pictures and videos.
- Do a soul dump of everything weighing you down.
- Visualize anything you want as if you already have it.
20 Completely Free & Relaxing Self-Care Saturday Activities
- Rearrange your room.
- Open the windows for some fresh air and sun-light.
- Watch your favorite tv-show.
- Read an inspiring blog.
- Cuddle with your loved one.
- Cuddle with a pet.
- Go for a drive listening to your favorite music.
- Organize your closet.
- Tidy up your space.
- Give a big hug to your parents.
- Set your goals and action plan for the year.
- Relax by the fireplace.
- Work on your manifestations – Visualize and feel.
- Give away old stuff you don’t need anymore.
- Turn off your phone for the day.
- Connect with an old friend, catch up and remember fun moments.
- Look at old photos and feel gratitude for everything you ‘ve accomplished.
- Wash your bed sheets and put on fresh ones.
- Declutter your bag!
- Take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment.
What Day Of The Week Is Best For Self-Care?
Saturday and Sunday are actually the perfect days to dedicate to yourself since they’re often already days of rest for many people.
After a busy week, taking the weekend off to focus on your self-care is the best thing you can do to wind down and prepare yourself for the new week.
Just decide to reinstitute boundaries. You have the power to prioritize yourself. You have the right to rest and reconnect with yourself before diving into the daily grind.
Why Choose Saturdays For Self Care
Working hard all week long, tight schedules, meetings and deadlines our weekdays are usually stressful making us ignore our physical, mental and emotional well being.
But it’s finally Saturday and you deserve to lay back and get some rest.
Saturdays come as a blessing as for most of us Saturday feeling is relief, making the day ideal for selfishly pampering ourselves.
Utilize Saturday as a day of nourishing your body and soul.
Saturday self care is the best way to make sure you’re having a great weekend.
Saturday Self-Care Quotes
“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”— Anne Lamott
“If you don’t love yourself, nobody will. Not only that, you won’t be good at loving anyone else. Loving starts with the self.”—Wayne Dyer
“Keep taking time for yourself until you are you again.” —Lalah Delia
“Love yourself first, and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball
“It is so important to take time for yourself and find clarity. The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself.” – Diane Von Furstenberg
“Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give, and nobody will care for you.” – Karl Lagerfeld
“If you feel “burnout” setting in, if you feel demoralized and exhausted, it is best, for the sake of everyone, to withdraw and restore yourself.” – Dalai Lama
“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Maya Angelou
Self Care Saturday Tips & Ideas Final Thoughts
So there you have it! 100 Saturday self care ideas for you to try!
Trust me and do yourself (and others) a favor and prioritize your physical, emotional, spiritual and mental self care.
Small acts of self love that have a huge impact on our well being.
So now, I’d like to hear from you! What is your number one way to pamper yourself and relax? Comment below!
Top 100 Saturday Self Care Ideas To De-Stress This Weekend