2020 is already here and new year’s resolutions should make us feel, more optimistic, more motivated and eager to reform our lives and finally fix all that is bothering us.
More specifically, every new year is another chance for us to get it right! To leave the past behind, no matter the mistakes, omissions, and failures we can start fresh and claim a new happy ending for our stories! Life has a reset button, and the new year’s time is the best time for you to hit it.
New year’s resolutions indicate new hopeful beginnings which motivate us to set up our plans and set new goals for our lives so that we can fulfill all we dream to achieve.
Thus, for your new year’s resolutions, please choose goals that are good for you, those that will get you one step ahead in every aspect of your life. Focus on everything that fills your soul and makes you bliss.
Follow my simple everyday tips given below and enjoy your most creative and happy year ever. Tips that will grant you a healthier body and mind, radiant looks and more organized life!
This year is YOUR best year ever girl:
Therefore basic and main new year’s resolutions should be:
Enjoy your kids
The first and main priority for all us mommies is, of course, our family and mainly our children. Our children need to spend time with us and have our undivided attention more than any other gift we can provide.
Moments we get to spend together and the memories we build are so essential and valuable! It’s family relationships, not gifts, which is the foundation of the kind of happiness and wholeness that can span a life.
Therefore basic and main new year’s resolutions should be:
- Enjoy every moment with your children
- Fill them with your love and presence
- Appreciate every moment you get with them – oh yes they grow up so fast
- Create beautiful memories to cherish forever! Really if you recall your childhood memories, you’ll realize that those memories consist of family trips, vacations, playful moments strong feelings, special times, etc.
Make sure to:
- Play more
- Laugh with your heart
- Give jillions of hugs and kisses
- Worry less for all that needs to be done
- Be present to the magic of real, great, selfless love
- Plan as many family adventures you can, without worrying about all the trouble and inconvenience. Help them acknowledge the beauty of the sea, offer them an adventure in the forest, walk with them in picturesque villages, allow them to play with you all day long, enjoy small moments and live to the fullest.
More time with your husband/partner
Having children really tests a couple’s relationship in unexpected ways. A baby brings lots of joy and happiness, it connects you deeply with the man you love but at the same time, things can get really crazy.
Parenthood comes along with never-ending responsibilities, tiredness, nerves, and exhaustion. To survive parenthood and keep your marriage strong you need to work for it.
So for this new year’s resolutions, follow the tips below and make sure you and your partner share some special moments just the two of you:
- Take the day off work and enjoy each other while kids are at school. You can go for a breakfast/lunch date, go for a walk by sea, meet with friends, or just stay home for a movie marathon!
- Enjoy a great dinner! Once in awhile plan a night date for just the two of you! Even if no help is available for you to go out, you can always have dinner at home when kids are sleeping. Important tip: Dress as if you were going out! Nail it, girl!
- Get time away from each other! Yes just as important as spending time together is to get some time alone. Your husband can take care of the kids while you can spend some time with friends, visit a spa, go shopping, etc. It’s very important not to lose yourself in the roles of mother and wife but also for your husband to not taking you for granted!
- Start a new common hobby: Come on girls, you are married there must be many common things that you like! Choose a hobby you both like and share your experiences. It’s a great way to bond, meet new friends, and have something to talk about other than the kids.
Health and Wellness
Self-care should become first priority for every one of us. Because when feeling good, physically and psychologically, then things both at home and at work are always better. Therefore your new year’s resolutions should ensure and improve your body’s and soul’s health:
Get back on track with your workout body program. You can start with short walks in nature or light treadmill workout. It is so beneficial for your health!
Firstly you ‘ll detox and remove all toxins from your body. Furthermore, the workout will provide you with energy and will clear your mind.
Alternatively, if circumstances permit, prefer walking to your destination, or take the stairs!
Stick to the 2litres of water per day rule! Water:
- It is required by every cell in the body and is important for all body functions.
- It helps transport oxygen and nutrients critical to the brain for optimal function
- It flushes your body of wastes
- It helps decrease feelings of hunger
- It improves your skin and so many other benefits
Basic item for your new year’s resolution list girls, classic but totally true, drinking 2 litres of water daily!
Plan all medical tests
Use your diary or an application on your phone and plan right from the beginning of the year all medical examinations you should have.
Book your appointments on time and reduce last-minute stress and inconvenience. Prevention saves lives.
Choose healthier diet habits. Nutrition is a basic factor for our health and wellness. So make sure to improve your diet habits in order to enhance your body systems and improve your mood and energy:
- Replace your snacks with superfoods that shield your health. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, almonds, walnuts, eggs, black chocolate, and fruits are fantastic ideas for snacks throughout the day.
- Also, add vegetables to your daily diet. Whether you need to lose some weight, or more importantly to improve your health, vegetables should become your best friends!
- Try new ideas and recipes and offer yourself and your family the best of a healthy diet in each meal throughout the day. Spinach with eggs and tomato for breakfast, broccoli, cabbage, salads, all types of greens for lunch, mushrooms and carrots for supper! Moreover, vegetables make great smoothies and give you so many other tasteful and healthy options to try.
If you need more ideas for healthy energy boosting snacks check this out.
Engage in new activities
There can’ be new year’s resolutions if you don’t decide on doing things you really love and enjoy!
Set a new goal of learning a new skill, practice something you already know, dedicate time and effort on things you really enjoy! Even if it’s only an hour per week you ‘ ll experience increased levels of joy and happiness.
So allow some time to:
- Read that book
- Learn to cook, knit, paint, etc
- Practice a sport you enjoy
- Attend a seminar, an art exhibition, a sculpt exhibition, etc
There are so many activities to engage in. If you still need help finding what really excites YOU and feel passionate about see here.
Give 100% to your work
Yeap! This year you’ll stand out and prove everybody how worthy and skillful you really are. Push yourself a little bit more, get out of your comfort zone and stop procrastinating!
Work harder, systematically, effectively. Take initiatives, give something more than everyone else does, think out of the box, find new ways to solve a problem that may arise, finally start working towards your dreams.
Whatever it is you are doing give it all you’ve got. Put passion, motivation, energy, give it 100% of your powers.
Prove firstly to your self, all of your potentials. Prove that if one wants to succeed, believes it and works towards his goals, then failure is not an option.
Give it all girl! You deserve it!
People in the majority are stressed and generally pessimists. We tend to resist change and associate it with all sorts of catastrophic scenarios.
So make it a priority for this year to work with yourself in becoming more positive.
- Remove negativity, stress, and insecurity.
- Be happy and laugh without having second thoughts.
- Show solidarity and confront problems with attention and determination.
- Trust life a little bit more and let it carry you away without resisting and worrying all the time.
So? Have you decided on your new year’s resolutions? Share them below and inspire the rest!